Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Saturday at Petit Jean

Up early turn on the TV. Make the bed. Go out on the deck and take a picture of "sunrise". Our balcony faces west, so the sun hasn't had a chance to burn off the haze. Drive around the Winrock complex. This tree was in front of the boathouse. Back to our patio for pictures of the valley without the haze. Back to the balcony to read, take a few pics, how about a nap???? Time to make dinner. Bruce's famous bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. (Mine wasn't as good as his, but good for my first try). With dinner in the oven, back to the patio to play with the camera some more. I love sunsets!
I videotaped the sunset, it was so beautiful.

If you don't have the patience to watch the sunset (No names...Dale)or the video, then below is a frame out of the video.

It really was beautiful. This person probably had the best view. (You can actually here their motor in the sunset video.)


The pork is finally done!

Did I mention that I left the side dishes to Dale? It's a carb overload. Loaded mashed potatos, mac & cheese, homemade coleslaw, and garlic bread. IT WAS YUMMY!!! Who needs green veggies? (Well, me actually, but it was still yummy!)


Can you believe the Hogs beat Auburn??? What an awesome day!!!

I'll leave you today with Psalm 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pictures you took turned out really good! Im impressed!
Im glad you had lots of fun.

Havent got to talk to you much since you left.

Love you!

asouthernsunset said...

Kim, I LOVE your beautiful pictures...What a beautiful place. We missed you here on Dauphin Island, and as you know, the sunset toast was wonderful...really hated that you all couldn't make it...but there will be a 'next time'....The October Bash has been voted on to be an annual event!!

Oh, I loved your 'door' pic...LOL...

Once again, I'll try and post on your blog. Hope it works this time.

Yaya

asouthernsunset said...

Oh my gosh....it worked!!! Okay, now I know what I was doing wrong. Do we have a 'rolling eyes smilie'???

Yaya