Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Circle of Life



Kiah Simone joined our family this morning. Weighing in at 7lbs. She has an older sister named Kaisyn, and Lisa & Kasey are her proud parents.

I have another cousin, Sarah that is also expecting within the next week or so. We will add another beautiful little girl to our family. My grandmommy is blessed with many little girls. She has 2 daughters and 1 son. She has 5 grandaughters and 1 grandson; she will soon have 5 great-granddaughters and 2 great-grandsons. Right now the girls are outnumbering the boys pretty heavily.

I watched a program about the Duggar family the other night (they're from Arkansas and our expecting their 18th child). They have been truly blessed! All of their children are beautiful, seemingly intelligent and well-mannered. But as I watched them, I wondered how well do they really know their children? My dad is #11 of 12 children. Some of his siblings were already moved out of the house by the time he was born. They are a very close knit family, but I know they also suffered from being such a large family.

If anyone had told me that I would have an only child, I would have argued with them. I wanted lots of babies. That wasn't God's plan. I believe in God's plan, even if I don't understand it.

Today we learned that a young man, Bradley Norris, was killed in a car accident. Just 4 days shy of his 20th birtdhay. We haven't seen him in over 10 years, since he and Brett played peewee football and little league baseball. I remember his mom, Kim. Bradley was her only son, but she is still blessed with a daughter. His step-dad, Glenn helped to coach him. He loved him very much, that was apparent. Bradley was going to school at Fayetteville. He was friends with several of those that have already lost Taylore, Taylor, Alicia and Jae. I don't understand, I just can't understand. Again, he was a model child very active in his church. My heart breaks for his family, his friends.

I wished I understood so I could help to explain. I do know a man that lost his only son, he's recovered very well. He's found a new little girl to love, even though they are not biologically related she is his grand-daughter and he is her dawdaw. Today he posted some amazing pictures of them exploring Dauphin Island. Those pics remind me of the hope of the future. Even though we don't understand things right now, there is always hope.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Would I have known this child? The names really don't ring a bell.