Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Prayers again

Please pray for my friend, Sandi. Her husband (Tommy) went ahead of her into heaven yesterday. It was his birthday. She has a wonderful attitude, but I cannot imagine how lost she must feel right now. Sandi and Tommy also had the joy of welcoming twin grand-daughters yesterday. Thankfully, they and their mother are doing wonderful! Last week I wrote about the cycle of life. It was two-fold for this family. There will always be joy on October 6th, as Tommy's birthday is remembered and the girl's birthday celebrated.

I've said before that my mom and grand-parent's birthdays are harder for me than the anniversary of their death. Unfortunately for Sandi that date is the same day. I know that she is choosing to celebrate Tommy's life rather than morn his death. But that doesn't mean she won't miss him every single day. Please pray that she stays surrounded by Angels to support her. (Both heavenly angels and earthly ones). I was supposed to be at Dauphin Island this weekend. How I wish that I could be there. To meet my friends in person, and to just give Sandi a great big hug!

This verse was such a comfort when I lost my mom. I really love The Message version.

John 14:2 (King James Version)
2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.




John 14 (The Message Version)
1-4 "Don't let this throw you. You trust God, don't you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father's home. If that weren't so, would I have told you that I'm on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I'm on my way to get your room ready, I'll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I'm taking."


So while those of us that have lost loved ones are left behind. We can rest assured that there is plenty of room for us when our time comes. Sandi will see Tommy again. I'll see my mom & grandparent's. Dale will see his dad and grandparent's. Thank God we have that comfort!

No comments: