Thursday, October 23, 2008

Prayers please

We have another joy to report. Marley is here weighing in at 6 lbs 13 ounces, her mom Sarah is doing good. Expect pictures soon.

I really feel that our Soulfood Sisterchicks retreat is under attack. So many going have had something happen to get in the way of this trip. I would ask that you pray for all those in this group going and also for those unable to attend. We know that Satan works on those working for God's kingdom. No this trip is not a "mission" per se, but there are several going that need lots of prayer support right now.

I would specifically lift up Carolyn who has just been diagnosed with cancer. Also Phyllis who has had a mammogram come back bad (she lost her mom to breast cancer). For Gina who lost her mom, dad & grandmother this year. Carolyn is a dear friend to her, and also Gina's aunt has been given just weeks to live due due to cancer.

So many illnesses. I feel overwhelmed. Also for another friend Tammy, who's husband lost his job yesterday. Her daughter, Taylor, who is suffering with depression. Another Tammy who faces uncertainity in her husband's job, a son struggling in school, a step-dad with health issues. I feel like I could go on & on. Karla whose baby just turned 21. Pebbles with all the struggles of just being a wife & mom. Carrol on the loss of a loved one. Lisa and all that she has faced and continues to face. Jan dealing with so much right now. Brenda taking care of everyone. Mona with a sick husband, and a son away in the Marines. I've had so many women say to me in the last few days. I just don't think I can take anymore. I've reached my limit. That's when we have to take it to God. But oh it is hard. Roberta who is still struggling. Lona who's precious baby is fighting for his very life, and the doctors trying to do their best but at the same time treating the symptoms not the baby. For Ann who lies in a hospital after being beaten. For Anndra who is lost but searching. For Shirley who again, tries to hold it all together for her family. For Sandi her lost her husband and best friend. For Brigit that is fighting cancer.

I almost wish I hadn't started naming names because I want to name them all. I can't, but God knows their names, He knows the hurts, He knows the pain and the joy. In Him alone we can trust. I'll go back to Ms. Hope's old saying. Whenever you're in a fix, Phillipians 4:6.
Philippians 4:6-7 (New Living Translation)
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


So I claim this weekend for that chance to bask in God's strength and His peace. I ask that God send legions of angels to comfort each of these women. I claim that Cedar Lodge will be a haven of comfort and rest. A chance to renew our spirits and allow the Holy Spirit to work within us.

No comments: