Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is mom's birthday. It is a beautiful day!!!! I know she would have loved it. It seems so hard to believe that it's been 8 years since we celebrated her birthday together. I haven't cried yet today. Maybe it is finally starting to get easier. Probably not, maybe I'm just getting stronger. I don't know but I'm thankful that I had all the birthdays that we were able to share together. Some people don't get that pleasure!

It's also the 28th anniversary of Dale getting run over by a semi-truck. That accident could have been so much worse! I'm so thankful to have him in my life!!! When we first met he used to have horrible nightmares. He still has lasting effects from the wreck, but again it could have been worse. I don't know what I would do without him!

Dad's birthday was on Wednesday and I'm again thankful for the healing in his body.

Thank you Lord for all the many blessings in my life! I pray for all my friends traveling to the big bash on Dauphin Island. I hope that they will all have safe travel and a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hapopy Birthday to your Momma. She was a sweetie!