Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Thoughts on Soulfood Sisterchicks

Oh yeah, you should be scared with a headline like that! I'm excited about this weekend, I'm heading off on another "Soulfood Sisterchicks" retreat. It should be fun. I'm bummed though, Tri-cord is playing for the 3rd year in a row at the McRae fire festival and I won't be there. I hate missing their performance! As a matter of fact I feel pretty guilty. But....my girl's need me. We are headed to the Shepherd of the Ozarks.

We went there last year and had a wonderful time. It should be perfect for the foliage this weekend. There is a cold front coming in the next few days. Of course I felt bad because they postponed the trip last year for Barbara and I. We REFUSED to miss a single football game. It was, after all, our baby boy's final football season! So they postponed the retreat to November. What happened? You guessed it the Bears made the play-offs. We headed to Lake Hamilton for a heartbreaking loss on Friday night. I felt doubly bad because the Manor side of my family always celebrates Thanksgiving the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Who would have thought Nov. 17th would be the Saturday before Thanksgiving???? I took over the dressing making from Memee so I didn't want them to do without. I cheated and cooked my chicken in the crockpot all night on Friday. I baked my cornbread on Thursday. So I got up early and got it all mixed together, and Renee was a trooper and agreed to bake it for me. (Brett was working, and I just didn't really trust Dale, no offense honey.) She did a great job!

Once the dressing was dropped off, I met Ann at Barbara's and we headed for Harriett, AR. It is definitely in the middle of BFE!!! We stayed in the Eagles Watch Lodge, which ironically had a Fishing theme. It was beautiful. I'm not sure exactly which lodge we will have this year. But it doesn't really matter they are all very nice.



I'm not exactly sure who I'll be rooming with this year. I've warned them all that my snoring is extremely bad this year! The first year I roomed with Pebbles, the second year I think I had my own room, last year I roomed with Mandy. It's always such a great time for developing new friendships and revitalizing old friendships.

I'll have my new camera so ya'll will have to suffer through a bunch of pictures of this year's retreat.

No comments: