Friday, August 15, 2008

Tomorrow is the day

How can it be that my baby is heading to college tomorrow? Am I ready? Is a mother ever ready? Probably not, would be my guess. I trust that God has a perfect plan for his life, and this is just the next part of that plan. God has blessed us so much this week in making the path clear to the school for him. Having a friend that works at the SLGFA who was looking out for his interests. Then finding a good deal on his computer, to finding a good deal on his books.

On Sunday we had a wonderful "going away" party with the youth group. So many people there to pray for him!

On Wednesday we had a wonderful dinner with my parents. Afterwards we all went shopping together, and they practically bought a new wardrobe for him. I know that he felt so special and loved! It wasn't the fact that they spent the money on him, but the fact they wanted to spend time with him and help make this transition easier. It was just a godsend all the way around!

Thursday, another great dinner prepared by and shared with friends that love him and love us.

Sometimes I tend to focus on what I don't have instead of what I do have.

My life forever changed last Friday morning, and I really learned that I can no longer take things for granted. Things are not always what they seem. For the last week, I've really been focusing on what I do have in my life! I have a wonderful family. Wonderful friends. A good job. A God that loves me.

I understand that God did not give us Brett just so we could keep him forever. Dale & I have tried to raise him the best we could, but sometimes I think he helped to raise us. I know that Dale is hurting to, but he won't admit it.

So we'll head to Russellville tomorrow with a smile on our face, waiting for the next adventure that God has for all of us. (If you happen to think about it tomorrow, an extra prayer wouldn't hurt either).........

No comments: