Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lucky man

Tri^Chord is so special to my life. It's officially the Praise band for Amboy UMC. Tri^Chord began as a bible study with musical instruments and turned into a band.

Wow, God is so creative!

These are some pics from the 1st retreat they played at Camp Tanako.



It's amazing to watch God work through this group. He has helped Paul to write so many songs, and the "band" to make those songs come to life.

In 2004 we headed to Dauphin Island. Four families sharing a house for a week. It wasn't the best trip ever, but it was good. (No time on DI can be bad!) Leaving NLR in the dark, we watched the sunrise over South Arkansas. It wasn't the most remarkable of sunrises but we apprecited it nontheless.

That night everyone was gathered on the back porch (after watching a beautiful DI sunset). Guitars were brought out, and we just sat around pickin', talkin' and singin'. It was really fun. At some point I made the observation, that hey when we are in the country (translate Pangburn, AR) we sit on the front porch and at DI we always sit on the back porch. I also made the observation that, "this morning we watched the sunrise in the country and tonight we watched it set at the beach". Just random words out of my mouth that most others probably ignored. Not Paul, he thought hmmmmmmm sunrise in the country, sunset at the beach, there's a song in there somewhere.


Eventually that song became Lucky Man, the group's most requested song and the title track of their CD.

Below are the lyrics, if you get a chance check out their myspace and have a listen.


LUCKY MAN
Front porch in the country
Back porch by the Beach
No matter where I go
You’re always there with me.

You told me this ain’t heaven
But I could get there if I believe
I read it just the other night
In John 3:16.

I’m a lucky man

CHORUS:
Floatin' in salt water or
Watchin' eagle’s soar
If this ain’t really heaven,
I can’t wait for what’s in store.
I’m just a country boy,
A part time Island man
But I know you’re right beside me
Building castles in the sand.
I’m a lucky man.
Yes, I am.
I know you’re right beside me
Building castles in the sand
I’m a lucky man

My life used to be so rocky
Without your guiding light
Even when I went to church
Something wasn’t right
But then I asked you to forgive me
To take over my life.
It wasn’t worth the living
But now I’ll never die

CHORUS

Sunrise in the country
Sunset at the beach
I know your building Castles
For Sinners like me
You can build mine in the Rockies
In the pure sweet mountain air
Or down on DAUPHIN ISLAND
Just as long as you are there.

I'm a lucky man.

CHORUS

I know you’re right beside me
Building castles for ALL MAN!
I’m a lucky man





Recent pics from the "Battle of the Bands" (which they won), but the Community Food Pantry was the big winner with close to $800.00 being raised.




http://www.myspace.com/tricord

No comments: