Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Shack

http://www.theshackbook.com/index.html

I don't even begin to know how to describe this book. It's different than anything I've ever read. I love "Christian Fiction" but this one really steps out there. I could see it stepping on some toes as well. I really enjoyed it, and I don't think I will ever look at things in quite the same way. It makes you question what you think you know. (And trust me, I don't know near as much as some people think I do!)

I would suggest that you visit the website. If you've ever said, "When I get to heaven I'm going to ask God why......." then this is a book for you. Does it answer all of those questions? No of course not, because we as humans can't answer those questions. It did make my realize that we as humans limit the amount that God can explain to us even when He tries.

A friend gave this book to me on Friday, and I finished it last night. I know that it is a book that I will need to re-read because the lessons it teaches will be different for me each time I read it. I wish I could say more, but I would not want to ruin it for you. However, I would LOVE to discuss it with you after you read it.

No comments: