Friday, September 12, 2008

Helpless

I feel so helpless today. I seem to be coming down with a cold that is going around. The girls in the office has been sick and so has Renee. Daddy is doing better this afternoon but had a rough night and morning. I guess that is how it will be up and down. I just want to be there and do something, but then I don't want to take the chance of making him sick. It is so hard to leave the hospital. I should be used to it. I played "nurse" enough for Mom, Memee & Papa. But somehow this is so different. Unfortunately I never remember my mom being well. She was sick from the time I was a little girl. So that was how I knew her. It seemed she was always in the hospital. With my grandparents they were older and the decline in their health was somewhat gradual. Even still they were both hospitalized at various times while I was growing up.

Daddy is just not supposed to be sick. That's the bottom line! He is one of the strongest people I know. He is sooooo full of life. He is the life of the party. The strong one. I love my daddy so much and sometimes I don't think I've told him enough. Yes, Brett looks like me & he looks like Dale, but he actually looks the most like my dad.

I really love this pic of Brett! He looks so much like Daddy in it!


We had a great Labor day weekend in Memphis. Stayed in the Peabody, went to my cousin Adam's wedding reception, wandered down Beale street, took a trolley ride, ate at Neely's. Just a really good family time. I am so thankful for that time!

I hope my suggestion of lunch at the Neely's is not what finally clogged those arteries!


Daddy ALWAYS has a story to tell or a joke to share!



Nothing will make me laugh harder than when Shirley gets tickled!


The whole table was in stitches!


Somehow half my family ended up trapped in the elevator between the Peabody and the parking garage. Even Daddy can turn that into a fun time! As we got ready to go onto Beale street, he looked at Brett and said, "I don't even go to the fair, what in the world am I doing here." After that he just kept us rolling.

Evan after 30 years of marriage, they're still holding hands.


I'm not saying my daddy is perfect, because none of us are. I just hate to see him hurting it makes me hurt. As I've gone through all of these emotions since I received that phone call last Saturday night, I have to know that God is completely in control of this situation. He's guided Shirley to take daddy to the best hospital. He provided the best surgeon and wonderful care at the hospital.

I am thankful for all the new stories that Daddy will be able to share. I'll leave you with one last pic.

Daddy's other babies. Jerry Wade & Eva Kate

No comments: