Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never take things for granted.....


It's been a rough week! My dad suffered a heart attack on Saturday. Thankfully it was mild and did no serious damage to his heart muscle. It did however reveal several blockages. On Tuesday he underwent "sextuple" by-pass surgery (they did six by-passes.) It was a wake up call for him and for us. The Dr. told my little brother and I that we better quit smoking. Shirley was quick to tell him that we didn't smoke and never had.....I'm sure he wanted to tell me to lay off the fried foods. We have all agreed to start taking better care of ourselves. Eat right, exercise, the whole nine yards. I have to do this. I have heart issues on both sides of my family. Dale's dad died waiting for a heart transplant. I've got to get healthier for myself and my family. I want my family to be healthier as well. We've already passed on so many bad habits to Brett. Hopefully, we can all be re-trained.

Despite being allergic to morphine, so he's had issues with pain management. Dad is doing a great job so far. He exceeds every goal they set for him.

I really appreciate all the prayer support that our family has received this past week. You have know idea how much it means!!! That is the thing that has gotten us through all of this. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

P.S. Insurance estimates are $4750.00 on Brett's truck.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Glad he's doing well. The Grandmother of Chase's girlfriend also has by-pass this week and is doing very well. Get on the right track, girl. Mom's makes non-fried foods don't they? We ate breakfast with Kody, Chip and Tammy and saw Dale and Brett there last weekend. Get yo hiney outtta bed and go eat breakfast with that man!