Monday, November 17, 2008

Hurting

I've been reminded again how very fragile life is, and not to take it for granted. Heaven gained another wonderful man today, Andy Andrews. A retired NLR policeman, and a building block of Levy United Methodist church.

Yesterday was busy, so busy, perhaps too busy. We had a chili cook-off fundraiser for the youth. Hustle and bustle, decorate, make sure everything is in order. Was there enough time to hug those that I love? Did I make time to visit? No I didn't, I felt pulled in 10 different directions.

Off to a meeting at Amboy, then back to Levy for another meeting and youth group. I just ran into the sanctuary, hugged Cindy, Ms. Roberta and Ms. Dawn and right back out the door. I saw Andy earlier in the day in Ms. Bobbie's office, I saw him again in the sanctuary. I'll never see him again. I cannot even comprehend it. Not at all. He seemed so strong. You would never have guessed his age just meeting him. How ironic that today we would celebrate Mr. Goss's 100th birthday, and at the same time be mourning the loss of Andy Andrews. Again, I cannot grasp this.

I know he had a heart attack, I don't know much else. Gina called to tell me the news, I just kept saying NO! NO! NO! with each thing she said as if that would make it not true. I don't worry about where he is, I know that answer. I hurt for Dawn. They relied so much on each other. For all the years that had been married, you could still tell how much they treasured each other. One of the last things they did together was pray. How awesome!

I worry even more about Daddy now. He and Andy are so much alike. Stubborn old policeman, always with a joke or story to tell. Oh that great big smile, always looking like he's up to something.

I pray for Heidi, Laci & Josi. I know how hard this loss will be for them. Andy was the glue for his family. How do I go to Bible Study tonight with my girl's? I feel so lost myself today. Once again, I have to put it all in God's hands. I know that He will guide me and give me comfort.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and the grief you and your friends are feeling. The holidays are hard on those who already have a broken heart.

Shannon said...

Where are you. I miss your writing!