Thursday, December 11, 2008

Eva Kate

I can't seem to find the time to blog anymore, but maybe the world will slow down one day soon. At night as I try to drift off to sleep, I think about all kinds of things that I would like to write about...........then morning comes and the real world is back and I just can't seem to find the time.

I just happened to have some beautiful pictures of my favorite brother and neice, so I thought I would add them.




We didn't get to spend Thanksgiving together. Jerry was with Brooke's family, and Dale & I headed down to Monroe, LA. It was still a very nice Thanksgiving. I know that Dale really enjoyed the time that he got to spend with his cousin, Brian. We also enjoyed spending time with Mona and her family. Overall it was a very good Thanksgiving. Now we are just 2 weeks away from Christmas. I can hardly believe it. Where does the time go? Christmas is going to be pretty subdued this year. After all it isn't all just about the presents. We have a wonderful "midnight" Christmas Eve service at our church. It starts at 11:30 on Christmas Eve and is surprisingly well attended. It is a tradition at our little church, and is quickly becoming a tradition for members of the community. It's simply a service where we read the Christmas story and sing appropriate Christmas hymns. As the service draws to an end, most of the lights in the sanctuary are extinguished. Each person is given a candle. We generally sing Silent Night, as we process out down the aisle and out to the church yard, but sometimes we sing Joy to the World. I love it either way. Quiet and reverant, or joy filled and exhuberant. Either way we are worshipping the birth of Jesus together. This service is Christmas for me. If you find yourself with nothing to do around 11:30 on Christmas Eve then come join us at Amboy UMC on Military road in North Little Rock!

Oh well, enough rambling for today. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And I look forward to a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: