Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost grown

For the past 19 years my main role has been "MOM". I love being Brett's mom! He is a wonderful son. He is a joy! He is my joy. (He's also Dale's joy, but this is my Blog, so.....) I cannot imagine what it is going to be like when he is away at school. It scares me! But then I still have joy, he will be home most weekends. What about my friends whose babies are now home in Heaven. How do they go on? They're strength amazes me!

I have learned so much from my son. That's right, I'VE LEARNED (and I know his dad feels the same way). We are better people because of him. For one, without him I wouldn't be a "Rowdymom". He has such a wonderful sense of self and I am so proud of the independence that he shows. So this blog is dedicated to him.


Brett & Jeff side by side on the line (Brett at center & Jeff at guard), and on the sidelines.

As we prepare for that next big step. I want to share some of the joys from your senior year.

Sr. Football, who could believe it. From my tiny little peewee player to this man before me now. I was so proud how you lead the team in each week and down to the end zone to pray. What a difference those prayers made!




All the way to the State Semi-Finals!

January, we lost Taylor. How could this be? Completely surreal. Through it all, you were a source of strength for your friends. Taking iniative to honor him in the yearbook. So many things.............My heart breaks for Lisa & Kelly. My heart breaks for you and your friends, you've lost too many friends already.

Springbreak.......while many of your friends headed for a wild week in the sun. You chose to help lead your Youth group in a retreat/mission opportunity.

Mt. Eagle is so special to our family & our church family. You all worked so hard that week. Renee, Courtney & Alex did a great job.





April, who would have dreamed that a tornado would hit your school, and the homes of so many of your friends. But it could not destroy that Bear Pride. Prom went on....Renee was so beautiful and you were so handsome. Ya'll make an adorable couple!



I know you'll never forget your time at "daycare" for most of April.

Then came the wonderful day in April when Ms. Eva Kate decided to start prepping you for college. It was tough "pulling an all-nighter" but it was certainly worth it!






And finally that big day in May, the one you worked so hard to reach!

Looking a little nervous.


Not official yet.......


NOW IT'S OFFICIAL.

So I'll end this little blog today where it began. With you and Jeff. This time side by side heading to your next stage in life. I love you son!





Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

3 comments:

Islandlover said...

I hope you don't mind me coming in to read! I love your blog and will look for more news as it come up! This way I get to know my DIBBS sisters so much better!
Sandi

Shannon said...

Ahhh....you mdae me tear up. That was THE best year ever - Kody's senior year! So much fun. I look forward to lurking at your blog. It looks great!!!

Shannon said...

OK....I DO know how to spell 'made'. I'm a retard!